PDC 2008 : Keynote 2
Scott Guthrie is talking… Very fast what he’s talking about…
- WPF 4.0 has touch
- .NET 4.0 can be loaded in the same process as .NET 2.0
- Visual Studio 2010 is build in WPF
- Ability to create awesome visualizers in Vsual Studio 2010
Scott just shows us a 200 line code visualizer that replaces the normal /// comments with a nice box with much richer presentation
This runs on MEF
- MVC will be released in upcoming months
- jQuery intellisense support for Visual Studio 2008 right now.
- ASP.NET news
- Better deployment options, like having multiple web.config files (or deltas) under the normal web.config
- IIS smooth streaming for (amongst others) Silverlight streaming video will be released
- 1 in 4 machines have Silverlight installed, according to ScottGu
- New controls like Charting, TreeView, Dock Panel, etc.
Full access to source code, of course
- Updated Silverlight designer in Visual Studio 2010, based on WPF work done for VS2010
- Run Silverlight inside and outside the browser
Strange, nothing about Silverlight 2.0 on mobile. There is a session about it though, but I’m going to “Oslo” sessions.