Query analyzer for SQL Server 2005/2008

Wouldn’t you like to be able to use the Query Analyzer again? I couldn’t count the number of times people have asked for the query analyzer during SQL Server sessions at conferences or at classes. Unfortunately, it doesn’t exist anymore. Or at least not for public use! If you’ve been to sessions you might’ve seen Microsoft employees (or a single certain Microsoft employee 😉 use his own Query Analyzer.

There is a way to get it back though. I’ve heard that if enough people vote on an item in Microsoft Connect, the team can’t just ignorantly close it again. That’s why I’m writing this.

Click the above link and tell Microsoft it’s important for you to get the Query Analyzer back by rating the item.

Thanks

1. RY - CIO says:

Thank God for MYSQL and POSTGRESS, MS is the WORST software company I have ever worked with! They are sooo bad, just boycott them, send billy to the poor house. When it comes to reliability, MS should get to the back of the bus! They haven’t a CLUE! just take $$ from people and we have to find their bugs. MS should be SHAREWARE at best.

2. lewis h le says:

Hello Microsoft,

Could you bring back query analyzer to the public. I really like this feature of sql server.

Thanks,

Lewis.

3. MM says:

MS is Fing idiots for getting rid of this tool. They should have their heads clunked together. Put it back now!

4. Time to upgrade from that calculator to a PC

5. James says:

How do be connect to database and run SQL ?

6. Alone Dwi says:

Good!!! Time to say SQL Server Bye… Bye….

Take MySQL, Oracle, IBMDB2.. Ect.. Now.

7. I wrote an IDE because I wanted something like Query Analyzer, but with code completion and a few extra features. I’d love to know what you thought of it…

8. Dennis van der Stelt says:

@Matt : Where can I find it?

9. Dennis

Sorry for the slow reply, the web page for the tool is @ http://www.atlantis-interactive.co.uk/products/sqleverywhere/default.aspx

Thanks!

10. Paul Miller says:

Public Query Analyser … can’t live without it … or at least my public can’t !!

Please resolve this omission.

Thanks

11. TySmith says:

NEED query analyzer back…lightweight and fast for quick view of data and done. I don’t mind querying available from SSMS but to me the audience of each tool is much different.

12. That is good that we can receive the loan moreover, that opens new opportunities.

13. G. antonios says:

Hello Microsoft,

Please bring back query analyzer to the public. I really like this feature of sql server.
    Beside i heate SQL Server 2008 Without this feature