Big change in life

Class-A Businesscard

Besides the fact I haven’t started yet, it can’t get much more official then this.

While I wasn’t really looking for a new job, when the opportunity for Class-A came along I could not resist. The past 8 years it has been my job to deliver software for clients, and that I really enjoyed. At Class-A I’ll try to extend my knowledge and pass on to others what I’ve learned and will learn. Sharing what I’ve learned is something I have done from the very beginning and is what I really like to do. I believe Class-A is providing a unique opportunity here and a big change in what I’ll do every day. That’s the reason I’m changing.

For nearly 5 years I’ve worked at LogicaCMG and learned a lot, and not just on technical side of things. These 5 years also contained a lot of fun with a lot of good colleagues. It would be crazy to name everyone, but I have to name Patrick, Marco, Erik, Novita, Wim, Ritsaert, Edwin, Eelco and Eddy, who all contributed to one single project on which we had a lot of fun. We’ll have to do another "EB Uitje" again, some time soon. I’ll definitely miss the discussions with Pascal! 😉 And of course Mark Mooy, one of my best colleagues as well, the one I’ve worked for all these years. (I’ll hereby resign as President of the BACC. 😉

Anyway, there are still some interesting things to come within LogicaCMG, one of them a presentation on Test-Driven Development. I’m already enjoying the effort spent into creating the presentation. This will be part of my legacy which I’ll hope people will use to enhance their own developing experience. From december 1st, I’ll be joining Anko, Astrid, Frits and Alex.

1. Marco says:

I wish you the best with this new opportunity!! See you in battlefield or wathever you feel like playing!

2. Alex Thissen says:

Now it is my turn to congratulate you on a new job. Welcome to the club! See you soon. How about this as a first mission for the new-comers at Class-A: gaming night?

3. Chi Wai Man says:

Good luck and do your best!

4. Frans Bouma says:

Hey congratulations! You finally left the Duurbetaalde Galeislaven ™ toko 😉 😛

5. Novita says:

I wish you all the best with your new job. I really enjoyed working with you!

6. A big challenge. Hope you get as much satisfaction in teaching/coaching as you did in developing. All the best.

7. Patrick Bes says:

Good luck at your new job m8. I’m really going to miss you here. Especially your legendary remarks during company meetings ,Yeah baby 🙂 But i have no doubt that we will stay in touch.

8. Gefeliciteerd, veel plezier en succes met je nieuwe baan!!!

9. Nathan J Pledger says:

Best of luck in your new position.

I recently changed positions and finally got a permit to work in the Isle of Man. Not nearly the career development, but I am happy everyday looking out over awesome sunsets and the Island set out before me as I ride over the mountain.

Hope you enjoy yours as well as I enjoy mine! (though probably for different reasons!)

10. Let me chime in here as well. I wish you all the best in your new job!

BTW: Glad to see you got the PNG fix working in IE6 😉

11. Dennis, best of luck and God’s speed.

A presentation on TDD? That’s all nice but when are you going to do that presentation on Battlefield 2?

12. Paul Gielens says:

To learn and share, sounds good! Enjoy your new job.

13. @Marco : Definitly!
    @Alex : Can you tell me those laptops can run BattleField 2?
    @Frans : No comment 🙂
    @Edward : Blame Carlo, he wouldn’t let me!

Whoops, gotta fix this skin, my submit button is gone.

14. Mischa Kroon says:

Gefeliciteerd 🙂

Heel veel succes bij je nieuwe baan 🙂